The General Management of the Company covers:
- the definition of the strategy and general policies as well as the assignment of corresponding operational objectives, including budgets and financial objectives, and the allocation of financial resources;
- the relationship with the Board of Directors as well as with Alstom's external environment (shareholders, financial community, public);
- any function needed for the successful implementation of the strategy that cannot be efficiently transferred to the Sectors;
- optimised development and use of human resources including management career development and succession planning across the Company, general employee relations, global compensation and benefits guidelines and policies.
- From 1 February 2012, Alstom’s Executive Committee has 8 members. Around Patrick Kron as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Committee will be composed of Philippe Cochet, President of Alstom Thermal Power and Executive Vice-President; Jérôme Pécresse, President of Alstom Renewable Power and Executive Vice-President; Henri Poupart-Lafarge, President of Alstom Transport and Executive Vice-President; Grégoire Poux-Guillaume, President of Alstom Grid and Executive Vice-President; Nicolas Tissot, Chief Financial Officer; Bruno Guillemet, Senior Vice-President, Human Resources; Keith Carr, General Counsel.