The Alstom Foundation helps local communities improve their standards of living while protecting their environment by supporting a wide range of initiatives that :
- contribute to social and economic development
- provide access to energy and water
- help gain access to mobility
- preserve the environment
The Foundation seeks projects that can be sustained long after its funding has been dispersed.
The Alstom Foundation has a discretionary fund for emergency responses which has been used to assist the victims of natural disasters:
- in 2016, the Alstom Foundation has contributed funds following three natural disasters in Italy (earthquake), in the Philippines (typhoon) and in Ecuador (earthquake). Click here to find out more.
- the Gintung reservoir collapse in Ciputat, West Java, Indonesia
- the Ajka alumina sludge spill in Western Hungary
- the Victoria floods in Australia
- the 2011 earthquakes and tsunami in Japan