What is the Alstom Foundation?
Because Alstom is a global player, its employees have long been involved in improved living conditions in the communities surrounding its sites around the world. The Alstom Foundation is the concrete expression of that involvement. Since 2007, the Alstom Foundation has championed humanitarian initiatives espoused by its employees that deal with:
- Economic development of local communities mindful of the environment
- Environmental education and awareness
- Social support
- Nature preservation
Drawing on Alstom expertise
Environmental protection and sustainable development lie at the heart of Alstom’s activities. The Foundation can therefore draw upon the expertise of Alstom engineers, general workforce and technology to address the most pressing issues of the day.
Employee commitment and engagement
The Alstom Foundation only supports projects that have been submitted by employees, whether it means working alongside local associations or NGOs, or funding completely original projects. Every year, the Foundation selects and funds the most original and attractive ideas from the diversity of the Group’s international footprint.
How are the projects chosen for Alstom Foundation Support?
The decision to support a particular project is based on simple criteria:
- An Alstom employee sponsor
- Partnership with local, national and international organisations and associations
2017 Projects' selection process
- January 2017: launch of the projects selection process. The Alstom promoter identifies and defines the project with partners and stakeholders. The Alstom employee sponsor, checks the relevance of the project, the suitability of the partners and the coherence with Alstom guidelines. Project must be submitted by the promoter and the sponsor by the end of June 2017.
- Between June and September : review and selection by the Foundation Board.
- September 2017: the Board will meet to make the final selection of projects.