What is the Alstom Foundation?
Alstom being an established global player, its employees have long been involved in improving living conditions in the communities neighbouring its sites around the world. The Alstom Foundation is the concrete expression of that involvement. Since 2007, the Alstom Foundation has championed humanitarian initiatives put forward by its employees that address 4 key axes:
- Economic and social development
- Environmental protection
- Access to mobility
- Access to energy and water
It has been decided this year - 2018 - to focus the economic and social development axis on two distinct categories:
- The development of skills and employability (especially for disadvantaged youth and women)
- Support to disadvantaged children (especially street kids and orphanages)
Under this axis, only projects aligned with one or other of these two categories will be considered.
Employee commitment and engagement
The Alstom Foundation only supports projects that have been submitted by employees, working hand in hand with international or local partners. Every year, the Foundation selects and funds the most original and attractive ideas from the diversity of the Group’s international footprint.
How are the projects chosen for Alstom Foundation support?
The decision to support a particular project is based on a set of criteria which include such aspects as the proven ability of the partner to deliver the project; the sustainability and repeatability of the project; the number of direct beneficiaries.Two key preconditions are
- that the submission has an Alstom employee “Promoter” to champion it and,
- that it involves a partnership with one or more credible local, national or international non-Governmental organisations.
2018 projects' selection process
- January 2018: launch of the projects selection process. The Alstom Promoter identifies and defines the project with partners and stakeholders. The Alstom Promoter checks the relevance of the project, the suitability of the partners and the coherence with Alstom guidelines. The project must be submitted by the promoter and/or the partner organisation by the end of June 2018, using the online project submission tool.
- Between June and September : analysis of the submissions.
- September 2018: the Board will meet to make the final selection of projects.
If you do not know anyone in Alstom willing to champion your project, please contact the Alstom Foundation Secretariat which will endeavor to identify someone to play that role.