All from Press Centre - Français


Alstom Ferroviaria Spa, a major player in the Italian railway industry with its 9 sites and 2,600 employees, completed the acquisition of Osvaldo Cariboni Lecco Spa, a historic company designing, developing and manufacturing railway and tramway infrastructures, as well as bus-bars for power plants. 

Founded in 1908 and operating with 85 employees in three locations: Pescate, Galbiate and Olginate, Cariboni had already linked with Alstom Group in 2008, when it transferred 70% of its shares to the multinational company. Through the sale of the remaining 30% to Alstom, the company of Lecco will legitimately join the Group and benefit from the global dimension of its activities and opportunities.

The full acquisition of Cariboni will allow Alstom to complete its offer in the rail infrastructure and energy markets at both a domestic and international level, drawing from the century-old experience of the company in electric traction systems for railways, tramways and subways and its expertise in equipment for transmission lines and power supply and station terminals.

Examples of the international projects of excellence, on which Alstom and Cariboni are already collaborating, include: the wireless traction system APS (powered from the ground) for the new tramways in Dubai and the overhead traction power system for Grasberg mine railroads (province of West Papua, Indonesia), the largest gold mine and the third largest copper mine in the world. Lecco plant will also continue manufacturing bus-bars for power plants for the Power Sector.

Alstom has been present in Italy since 1998 and today it operates in the markets of power generation and transmission and railway transport through its subsidiaries Alstom Power Italia Spa, Alstom Grid Spa and Alstom Ferroviaria Spa. The Group has 13 sites on the national territory and employees about 3,500 persons. In the fiscal year 2010/2011, it had sales of 1.2 billion Euros. Thanks to its technologies, Alstom takes an active part in the development of the infrastructures and contributes to the progress of the Country.