MiCOM Alstom P14x feeder management relays provide an integrated solution for the complete protection, control and monitoring of overhead lines and underground cables, covering all distribution and transmission voltage levels.
Providing all essential information to efficiently maintain complex power systems and their components, the MiCOM Alstom P14x relay family is user-friendly and highly flexible, allowing application on any network.
- Advanced feeder management relay with overcurrent and earth fault protection and autoreclose amongst a full suite of protection, control and monitoring functions
- Main or back-up protection for MV/HV, for solidly earthed, impedance earthed, Petersen coil earthed and isolated neutral systems
Key customer benefits:
- Comprehensive library of hardware options, protection and control functions suitable to meet your system requirements
- The standard and user-programmable curves, supplemented by load blinders and voltage supervision offer fast and dependable fault tripping, without constraining circuit loadability
- Distance to fault location assists despatching of maintenance crews
- 4-stages of non-directional / directional overcurrent, earth fault, negative phase sequence overcurrent, sensitive earth fault protection
- 2-stage under/over voltage, 9-stage under/overfrequency, check synchronism, autoreclose and breaker fail are standard
- IEC 61850 redundant Ethernet, supporting self healing ring, RSTP, dual homing or PRP
- Graphical programmable scheme logic (PSL) eases protection scheme creation, and avoids the need for external logic controllers
- Hardware modularity extends upto a maximum of 48 binary (opto) inputs.
- Integrated functionality now permits control of up to eight switchgear elements in the bay, in addition to circuit breaker control.
Overall differentiation factors:
- Efficient monitoring, control, recording and digital communications - full feeder management
- Support of all major digital control system protocols eases integration into DCS, SCADA and engineering workstations
- Harsh Environment Protection extends the life of the product
- New advanced opto inputs comply with the harshest norms for surge withstand, plus the ESI 48-4 EB2 standard. Spurious ‘wiring pickup’ is eliminated, without needing to resort to the use of interposing relays, external resistors or time delays. Battery/wiring faults, switching noise, and induction from long parallel circuits are tolerated without misoperation.
- P141 Feeder management IED
- P142 Feeder management IED with autoreclose
- P143 Feeder management IED with autoreclose & synchronising
- P145 Feeder management IED with autoreclose, synchronising and function keys
About MiCOM P40 Agile
Alstom’s philosophy is one of continuous improvement in our products and solutions. Our emphasis on communication in MiCOM has become a focus which secures leadership in the digital substation. To mark this phase of evolution, the brand “P40 Agile” is applied to the range. P40 Agile is a mark of performance and quality, proudly available from Alstom, and only from Alstom.