MiCOM Alstom P746 centralised numerical busbar protection provides complete protection for all voltage levels up to extra-high voltage busbar configurations.
Proven techniques and dynamic topology processing algorithms offer a combination of security, speed and sensitivity.
Simple configuration for centralised architectures
The MiCOM Alstom P746 differential busbar protection provides a centralised one box or three box architecture and is very simple to use, as it does not need to be deeply engineered and supports easy operation and maintenance of busbars.
- Complete protection for MV and HV busbar configurations with up to 2 zones and 18 feeders
- Suitable for scheme engineering by any integrator - no pre-engineering, no engineering hours payable to Alstom
Key customer benefits:
- Use one box for schemes up to 6 feeders, and 3 boxes (one per phase) for larger schemes up to 18 feeders
- Interoperable with all classes of CT: IEEE, IEC, air-gapped, non-gapped - and CTs with moderate knee point voltage
- 10 integrated function keys, tri-colour LEDs, and graphical programmable logic permit the creation of comprehensive schemes, tailored to your needs
- IEC 61850 redundant Ethernet, supporting self healing ring, RSTP, dual homing or PRP
- Typical operating time of 12 ms with high speed/high break (HSHB) contacts or 17 ms with standard contacts
- Phase segregated biased current differential high speed busbar protection
- Easy maintenance, operation and future expansion of the busbar supported
- Deploy in ring-bus/mesh corners, single busbars, sectionalised busbars, and one per bus in breaker and a half topologies
Overall differentiation factors:
- Tripping time is independent of substation topology and number of feeders
- User-friendly software tools for scheme monitoring
- Inbuilt CT saturation proof breaker failure protection
- Harsh environment protection extends the life of the product
P746 remote HMI PC application software:
MiCOM Alstom P746 remote PC HMI provides the following features:
‘Scheme editor’ – the scheme editor allows the user to define and create a P746 Busbar scheme using Busbar, CT, circuit breaker and isolator graphical icons.
‘Dynamic synoptic’- the dynamic synoptic allows the user to display the P746 measured analogue quantities and DDB (digital data bus) status information via the user defined P746 scheme created using the ‘scheme editor’.
Please use our contact form to request the software
Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Russian
About MiCOM P40 Agile
Alstom’s philosophy is one of continuous improvement in our products and solutions. Our emphasis on communication in MiCOM has become a focus which secures leadership in the digital substation. To mark this phase of evolution, the brand “P40 Agile” is applied to the range. P40 Agile is a mark of performance and quality, proudly available from Alstom, and only from Alstom.
ICD FILES (IEC 61850)Please choose the correct file according to the software & firmware version you have upon installation