Alstom has been associated with India’s progress for a century and has a long-standing reputation for providing highly innovative and sustainable solutions for meeting the country’s energy and transport requirements. The company has full capabilities in engineering, manufacturing, project management and supply of power generation, transmission and transport sector requirements. Since its inception in the year 1911, the company has been at the forefront of leading-edge technology at every level, serving these three infrastructure markets essential to economic, social and environmental development of India.
The company works with a number of strategic partners in India to offer a wide range of solutions for every sector – Power, Transport & Grid.
With power transmission now included in the business portfolio, Alstom in India looks forward to new synergies amongst its three core sectors and is well poised to offer end-to-end solutions to its customers.
Alstom India Statistics
- Around 9,000 employees in India
- Three R & D Centres in Bengaluru (Power and Transport), Vadodara (Power) and Hosur (Grid)
- Two Engineering Centres for Power in Noida, Kolkata
- Manufacturing Units
- Power – Vadodara, Durgapur, Shahabad, Mundra*
- Transport – Coimbatore, Sricity*
- Grid – Padappai, Pallavaram, Hosur, Vadodara, Naini
- Global Engineering & Software Centre for Railway & Metro in Bengaluru for Transport
- Metro & Railway Signalling Engineering and Software Centre in Bengaluru