Alstom – meeting the needs of a changing world
Increasing electricity needs and new environmental legislation are contributing to the recent resurgence of coal and, in particular, of cleaner coal technologies pointing the way to a cleaner fossil fuel future.
Older steam plants face issues such as the ageing of components and efficiency losses due to the degradation of components. Common problems including Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC) and Solid Particle Erosion (SPE) can undermine the turbine’s performance over time. This is driving demand for innovative steam turbine retrofits and services that improve a plant’s reliability and output capacity while reducing emissions and extending the plant’s life.
Leading technology providers
- Established steam technology leader with 100 years steam turbine expertise
- Number one retrofit and service supplier in the world including own fleet and third party steam turbines
- Truly global presence with worldwide references: Alstom supplies major equipment in 25% of the worldwide installed power generation capacity
- Technology leader, uniquely offering both impulse (ITB) and reaction (RTB) solutions and advanced, high-efficiency blading and welded rotors
Integrated clean power solutions
- Full service supplier – integrated solutions for turbines, turbogenerators, boilers, controls and plant-wide optimisation
- Customised solutions for your whole fleet/equipment
- Integrated solutions provider: widest product and service package covering plant-wide assessment, design, component OEM, installation management, testing, retrofits and O&M long-term contracts