A new standard of operational flexibility for 50Hz market
Delivering greater performance, efficiency and operational flexibility – for greater returns, the new KA26, based on the advanced-class GT26 gas turbine, is ideal for meeting the new challenges of today's dynamically changing power markets. This solution can for example be used as reserve power to support the increasing share of renewables on the grid.
For the first time in an advanced-class engine, the GT26 gas turbine incorporates an on-line switchable operation mode between performance optimisation and lifetime optimization. This unique feature allows up to 30% more operation time between scheduled inspections, resulting in higher availability and lower maintenance costs.
Because of this pioneering operational versatility, customers can balance performance against plant maintenance costs, depending on the daily needs of the grid.
Why choose the Alstom KA26 combined-cycle power plant?
- Excellent performance and high efficiency
- Best all-round plant efficiency over the entire load range
- Unique low-load operation allows capability to park entire on-line and remain emission compliant
- Largest turn-down capability on the market
- Spinning reserve of more than 350 MW in 15 minutes
- Proven platform with welded rotor and a robust combustion system achieve high reliability and efficiency