Proven designs, high quality and reliability
We offer a range of products covering small hydro applications up to 30 MW either as turnkey plants or individual components.
All of our small hydro products incorporate proven design features from our complete large hydro range and each product meets the high standards of reliability and quality you associate with Alstom.
Design standardisation means reduced lead times and costs adapted to small hydro plant operators’ budgets.
Bulb family: very low and low heads
- Bulb: heads up to 15 m; output up to 20 MW
- PIT: heads up to 20 m; output up to 25 MW
S-type family: low heads, more power
- Upstream elbow: heads up to 40 m; output up to 25 MW
- SAXO: heads up to 25 m; output up to 10 MW
Vertical Kaplan family: high efficiency over a broad range
- heads up to 50 m; output up to 30MW
Francis family: medium head solutions
- Horizontal Francis Single Discharge: heads up to 350 m; output up to 15 MW
- Horizontal Francis Double Discharge: heads up to 100 m; output up to 20 MW
- Vertical Francis: heads up to 400 m; output up to 30 MW
Pelton family: high heads
- Vertical Pelton: heads up to 1000 m; output up to 30 MW
- Horizontal Pelton: heads up to 1000 m; output up to 25 MW