Alstom will participate at the European Wind Energy Association Annual Conference and Exhibition, taking place 16-19 April 2012 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This will be an opportunity to present Alstom’s latest news, product updates and developments, such as Alstom’s POWEROF3™ concept, the installation of the first unit of the Haliade™ 150–6MW offshore wind turbine and WindAccess™, Alstom’s advanced SCADA system.
On this occasion we will also exhibit the Haliade’s 73.5m blade - the longest blade in the world – jointly with LM Wind Power, in the parking area just in front of the exhibition centre entrance. Don’t miss it!
Come visit us at Hall C1-4, Booth C4-B50 during the exhibition. We look forward to meeting you!
Alstom’s POWEROF3™ concept – Making the most of the onshore wind resource
Opposite to the traditional industry approach to project turbine selection - one wind turbine for the entire site - Alstom presents the POWEROF3™ concept to optimise wind farm economics. This is done with our 3MW-range ECO 100 Platform (ECO 100, ECO 110 and ECO 122). Its benefits are:
- BOP reduced by ~15%: 3MW-range wind turbines reduce foundations, platforms, roads and cabling cost, compared to 2MW-range turbines
- Capacity factor increased by up to 20%: 3 rotor diameters increase capacity factor at each wind turbine position, compared to single-rotor approach
- Applicability across all 3 wind classes
- O&M: one product with 3 rotor diameters
The ECO 100 Platform is the most proven 3MW-class platform today with more than 460 000 operating hours accumulated since 2008, 350MW installed or under construction and 97% availability demonstrated.
Haliade™ 150–6MW: installation of the first unit
Alstom installed the first unit of the Haliade 150-6MW robust, simple and efficient offshore wind turbine at Le Carnet, France, in March 2012. To achieve certification, the first Haliade™ 150-6MW will be tested onshore, prior to the installation of a second unit in the sea off the Belgian coast later this year. Pre-series production is scheduled for 2013 and series production for 2014.
WindAccess™ - Open. Optimise.
Alstom presents our advanced SCADA system: a modular, flexible and comprehensive tool, both for onshore and offshore requirements, including specific offshore modules. The system allows easy access to information and thanks to our modular approach we offer integration of additional modules in future product updates.
Alstom’s experts will share their expertise at EWEA 2012 conferenceDon’t miss our presentations and visit us during the poster sessions.
- ‘Numerical and experimental modal characterization of a 3MW wind turbine’ (Carlo E. Carcangiu and Michelle Rossetti, Wind) - Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 09:00-10:30
- ‘Integrating variable energy resources in control centres for reliable Grid and market operations’ (Lawrence Jones, Alstom Grid) – Tue, 17 April 2012, 11:00-12:30
- ‘Reducing the cost of installing and transporting of new generation 6MW offshore wind turbines’ (Daniel Castell and Michael Peffermann, Wind) - Wednesday, 18 April 2012, 11:00-12:30
- ‘Integration of best practices from different industrial sectors into the development of offshore wind turbines’ (Daniel Castell and S. Moine-Sandmark, Wind)– Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 14:00–15:30
- ‘Selection tool for evaluating offshore transmission options to connect offshore wind power plants’ (Marcia Martin, Wind and IREC) – Tuesday, 17 April, 14:00–15:30
- ‘Influence of the wind resource variations on the uncertainty of the wind turbine’s performance’ (R. de Rocca-Serra and D. Miguel, Wind) – Tuesday, 17 April 2012, 14:00-15:30