Alstom Grid is also highlighting the "Tres Amigas SuperStation" in its Smart Power Electronics area. Alstom Grid has been awarded a contract by Tres Amigas LLC to deliver High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) converter and Automation technology as well as system maintenance services for the first stage of the Tres Amigas “SuperStation” project in New Mexico, U.S. The “SuperStation”, a first-of-its-kind power transmission hub, will ultimately interconnect America’s three primary electricity grids, the Eastern (Southwest Power Pool), Western (Western Electricity Coordinating Council) and Texas (Electric Reliability Council of Texas) networks.
The Alstom booth is designed around three areas:
Shaping the Smart Grid features:
Digital Substation equipment such as:
- Smart Digital Instrument Transformers
- Gas Insulated Substations, and
- Substation Automation Solutions
Smart Power Electronics products such as:
- Flexible Alternating Currernt Transmission Systems (FACTS), and
- DC Converter for Storage
Smart Transmission Control Rooms with emphasis on:
- Renewable Desk software for integrating renewable generation, and
- On-line Stability Solutions (via Phasor Measurement Units)
Smart Distribution Control Rooms with software solutions including:
- Integrated Distribution Management Systems
- Demand Response software called DRBizNet , and
- Solutions for Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems
Shaping the Super Grid features:
- HVDC (high voltage direct current) products with a spotlight on the Tres Amigas project
- Capacitor products
Making the Connection, which features:
- Instrument TransformersDisconnect Switches
- Circuit Breakers
- Power Transformers
- Turnkey Substations, and
Alstom Grid is introducing a new Intelligent Battery Storage Solution at the Conference and Exhibition. The extended offer includes a complete turnkey solution for the battery/converter system including the connection to the grid, a full set of software solutions for customers from RTO/ISO to Utilities and Developers to optimize the management of the storage resources, and a one MW scalable module with IGBT-based converter backed by Alstom Grid’s fifty years of proven expertise in Power Electronics solutions.
In addition, Alstom Grid will host a Lunch and Learn Seminar to introduce its NEW DT1-362kV circuit breaker, an innovative product that offers:
- Proven reliability
- Robust, leak-resistant design
- Easy onsite installation
During the conference we will conduct video interviews with senior officials from Alstom Grid to get their views on some of the most challenging and exciting areas of focus for the company.
Check back throughout the week to see the videos, which will be posted below.