Alstom at the 2012 Electric Power Conference
The 2012 Electric Power Conference opened on May 14 in Baltimore’s Convention Center. The conference provides an opportunity for Alstom to present its portfolio of power generation and transmission technologies to a diverse audience of power industry leaders. Our technical experts were active in the conference agenda, presenting on a range of topics for new infrastructure as well as service and upgrade of the existing fleet. Our business commercial teams joined our technical experts at Alstom’s exhibit to answer client and partner inquiries and talk with key suppliers.
A special focus for this year’s conference and exhibit was Alstom’s latest upgrade of the GT24 gas turbine/ KA24 combined cycle plant. Utilizing unique sequential combustion, this advance technology provides a high performance flexible power plant to utilize abundant U.S. natural gas resources.
The conference presentations covered the following topics:
- The Next Generation of KA24/GT24
- 15 years of Experience with KA24 Technology
- Aftermarket Durability & Performance Upgrade Packages for 7FA+e Gas Turbines
- Improved Plant Reliability when Upgrading Legacy Control Systems
- Optimized and Flexible Combined Cycle with Alstom’s Steam Tail Integrated Steam Cycle
- Steam Turbine Blade Reverse Engineering, Upgrades and Structural Design
- Nuclear Turbine Generator Fabrication
- Improving Plant Performance for PRB Conversions
- PRB 101 Application of PRB: Workshop on Best Practices
Use the menus and links below to download literature and brochures for Alstom's power generation technology, products and services.