Alstom T&D India Limited today reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and for year ended 31stMarch, 2014.
For the fourth quarter (1st January-31 March 2014)
- Sales revenue increased to 13,082 MINR, up 20.4% over the previous year, and up 54.4% over the preceding quarter
- Operating profit increased to 1,094 MINR (8.4%), from 919 MINR (8.5%) in the previous year and 497 MINR ( 5.9% ) in the preceding quarter
For year ended 31st March, 2014
- Order intake of 37,905 MINR during the year increased 4.3% on a like-for-like basis ( excluding HVDC) despite prevailing tough market conditions in Power and T&D Sectors
- Sales revenue increased by 11.8% to 35,171 MINR over the previous year
- Operating profit increased by 39.3% to 2,530 MINR ( 7.2%) from 1,816 MINR ( 5.8% ) in the previous year
- PAT increased by 39.1% to 1,170 MINR ( 3.3%) from 841 MINR (2.7% ) in the previous year
- Retained market leadership in the transmission domain for the sixth year in a row.
- Won the prestigious ‘The Unified Real-Time Dynamic State Management’ Project (to provide grid security technologies for the Indian transmission grid) from Powergrid Corporation of India Limited. This is world’s largest Wide Area Monitoring Project.
- A solid number of 68 substations, ranging from 66 kV to 765 kV, (new, extention and renovation), were delivered and commissioned, during the fiscal year 2013/14 making a strong contribution in building the transmission backbone of the country.
- Made a strong impact by winning orders for GIS packages and maintained steady growth in the AIS market as well.
The Board of Directors of Alstom T&D India Limited met on 29th April, 2014 in New Delhi to approve the annual results of the company. Despite the difficult market conditions, the Company maintained its market leadership position for the sixth consecutive year. The Company displayed exemplary performance in all aspects across design, engineering, manufacturing, installation and commissioning for customers in utility, power generation, industry and infrastructure segments. A dividend of INR 1.80 (90%) per share has been recommended for the financial year.
Rathin Basu, Managing Director of Alstom T&D India, said: “The market continues to be challenging. However, Alstom captured a large share of high technology orders in the HV and EHV domains. We also had significant successes in advance technology automation products and solutions projects involving national grid security and load dispatch systems. Thanks to customers’ confidence, Alstom technologies have made significant contribution in the development of Indian electrical grid, including One Grid-One Frequency-One Country.”
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in around 100 countries. It had sales of over €20 billion and booked close to €24 billion in orders in 2012/13.
Alstom T&D India (globally known as Alstom Grid), is a market leader in the Indian power transmission sector. It has over 100 years of expertise in building the transmission infrastructure for the country. Alstom has a strong portfolio of products, solutions and services, comprising the entire range of transmission equipment up to Extra and Ultra High Voltages (765 kV and beyond) including air-insulated switchgear (AIS) and locally manufactured power transformers and gas-insulated switchgear (GIS). It also provides power electronics solutions (HVDC, FACTS) to create super highways and offers highly advanced power management Smart Grid solutions for transmission and distribution including renewable energies integration. With over 3,500 employees and eight world class manufacturing units, Alstom T&D India is future ready to support the rapidly evolving transmission sector in India.
Press Contacts (Alstom India)
Nathalie Bourotte (Alstom Grid) – Tel: +33 149016217; email@example.com
Shreyosi Sen (Alstom T&D India) +91 911204731676; firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites: www.alstom.com; www.alstom.com/grid