Smartlock Interlocking Alstom 2010
Click thumbnail to see a larger image
As networks tend to become more complex with higher traffic flows, infrastructure operators must be able to guarantee safety while ensuring maximum traffic density. Everything depends upon reliable and available interlocking. Its basic role is to prevent or authorise trains to continue to cross points according to the global condition of traffic on the network. It therefore ensures a safe journey and avoids all risk of conflict between train paths.
The Alstom solution
With more than 1,500 installations in over 25 countries, the safety and reliability of the new generation of Smartlock electronic interlocking products has more than proven itself. Interfacing with the Automated Train Control (Atlas) system and conventional track equipment (Smartway), Smartlock interlocking guarantees safety for traffic on all types of network.
Smartlock, a completely flexible and proven system
- Its modular architecture (centralised or decentralised) adapts to all types of networks, whatever their size, and can be applied to new installations or to renovate existing installations,
- Smartlock is compliant with CENELEC (European Committee for Electro-technical Standardization), Euro-Interlocking and compatible with ERTMS (European Rail Traffic Management System) standards.
Smartlock, a reliable system for maximum network availability
- System reaction times are reduced to a minimum (to below one second) to ensure maximum network availability and safety
- Smartlock integrates a remote maintenance system which reduces the number and duration of maintenance operations,
- Statistically, traffic disturbances due to Smartlock interlocking faults are less than once every 30 years*.
* Alstom Source