X'Trapolis in Melbourne, Australia. ALSTOM Transport / D.Desjardins
Click thumbnail to see a larger image
Fluid commuter services
Suburban trains must nowadays be able to combine the comfort of regional transport with the specific capacity requirements of urban rolling stock.
The solution Alstom
Alstom Transport’s X'Trapolis high capacity trains are designed to transport users to and from suburban centres, guaranteeing reliable services and comfortable journeys. Modular, the capacity of the X’Trapolis can be adapted according to expected passenger flows.
Range characteristics : comfort, capacity and reliability
- The X’Trapolis combines capacity, comfort and accessibility. Space is saved thanks to the distributed motorisation and the generous interior circulation which makes moving around inside the train easier when it is crowded.
- The train is also equipped with modern passenger interface and communication systems, wider seats, toilets and areas designed for people with reduced mobility,
- The X’Trapolis easily integrates high density corridors, thanks to its ATO (Automatic Train Operator) signalling system which optimises flows over the entire line.
A modular train that enables extremely flexible solutions
- The X’Trapolis offers a wide choice of modular options for different levels of network traffic and to assure optimum passenger flow in stations: different train lengths, single-decker or double-decker trains, variable width and number of doors, etc.
- The X’Trapolis adapts to the characteristics of each network, whatever the track gauge or electric tension is.