Alstom is a global leader in rail transportation technology and offers the industry’s most complete line-up of systems, equipment and services. Today, our U.S. team draws on more than 100 years of market experience to deliver advancements that are making America’s trains safer and more sustainable than ever before.
We are looking for more than 100 new team members to support Alstom's work in:
- Rolling Stock – Alstom has manufactured more than 5,000 subway, metro and commuter rail cars for U.S. customers. Our passenger rolling stock manufacturing site in Hornell, New York is the country’s largest.
- Transport Information Solutions (TIS) – Alstom’s North American TIS team, headquartered near Rochester, New York, provides state-of-the-art signaling and train control systems. The Rochester team’s expertise has made Alstom the first company to offer U.S. customers an FRA-type approved Positive Train Control (PTC) solution.
- Train Life Services (TLS) - For existing rail lines, Alstom’s Chicago-based Train Life Services (TLS) team provides a complete range of parts supply, condition-based maintenance and fleet renovation and modernization services to keep customers’ trains rolling safely and on-time.
What's it like to work for a global leader in rail transportation technology?
Find out in this interview with product director Paul Salvatore from Alstom’s Rochester, NY TIS team
Do you want to help cut congestion in cities?
Or make it easier, safer and greener to move goods across the country?
If so, check out this list of available positions, then Click Here to apply!
Transport Information Solutions
- System Engineer
- Application Engineer
- Validation, Integration and Test Engineer
- Test & Commissioning
- Safety Engineer
- Product Architect
- Software Architect
- Project Planner
- Project Manager
- Sourcing Leader
- Finance Project Controller
- Industrial Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Designer
- Project Engineering Manager
- Project Manager
- Sourcing Leader
Train Life Services
- Designer Mechanical
- Designer Electrical
- Quality Manager
- Supplier Quality Manager
In the News: Alstom Transport Job Opportunities
Creating Jobs, Opportunity Through Transit Investments
By: Deputy U.S. Secretary of Transportation John Porcari
The White House Blog - September 28th, 2011
Rail Transportation Company Adds 200 Local Jobs
By Caroline Tucker
WROC & WUHF-TV - May 10th, 2011
200 New Local Jobs Announced in Rail Sector
By Leah George
YNN - May 10th, 2011
Alstom Signaling Called a Model of Growth by U.S. Official
By Jeffrey Blackwell
Rochester Democrat & Chronicle - May 11th, 2011
All signals green for Alstom
By Mary Stone
Rochester Business Journal- April 1st, 2011
In-Depth Biz Profile: Alstom
By Seth Voorhees
YNN Your News Now Rochester- March 28th, 2011
New focus on rail means jobs here
By Matthew Daneman
Rochester Democrat and Chronicle- January 30th, 2011
Alstom Adding Jobs (full text below)
The Rail Company Plans to Add Another 80 Jobs in Henrietta This Year
WHAM-AM 1180 – March 29, 2011
A local maker of railroad equipment is hiring. Alstom, the French company which has operations in West Henrietta and in Hornell, is in the process of filling 80 positions. They have already hired 100 people in recent months. Alstom is mainly hiring for engineering and technical jobs, for its signaling operation in Henrietta.
Local president Ian Desouza tells WHAM News that after a rail accident in California in 2008 it meant that new signaling equipment was needed by a lot of railroad operations, and that has meant greater demand for Alstom's products.
"That has mandated that all the railroads and passenger and freight systems have to upgrade their safety architecture and we build the product that serves that."
Alstom now has about 500 employees in Henrietta and another 100 in Hornell.