PEPA-F filter at a glance
- Smart air filtration solution for rail
- Catches and kills viruses and bacteria
- Verified efficiency of 99.8% against the coronavirus
- Immediate availability
- Quick, easy and safe installation
- Scalable filter dimensions
Our antiviral filter for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems is a smart and efficient solution for rail transportation that is immediately available. Its quick, easy and safe installation makes it ideal for newly designed trains and retrofitting existing fleets.
The filter does not only capture the virus carriers, but also eliminates the virus. This makes our air filtration solution unique on the market. The effectiveness of the filter has already been tested in a laboratory environment.
Smart and efficient solution for rail transportation
Our antiviral HVAC filter catches and kills viruses, including the coronavirus (99.8% effective against coronavirus, even at the end of the filter life)
It follows a two-step approach:
- First, the filter captures the virus carrier, e.g. water, dust, aerosol.
- In a second step, the virus is eliminated thanks to a special impregnation.
Additional benefits for operators
- Immediate availability for new and existing Alstom and non-Alstom fleets
- Safe for maintenance personnel when installing / changing the filter as virus gets eliminated, not just blocked
- Quick and easy installation that does not require additional training as the changing process is the same as for basic filters
- Scalable filter dimensions for use on any type of fleet
How is the filter composed?
It is a dual laminated foam filter with double coating:
- Prefilter for larger particles
- Inner layer for finer particles
- First impregnation for fire and smoke protection
- Second impregnation for coronavirus elimination
99.8% effective against coronavirus
Our filter has been rigorously tested in third-party laboratories (certified International Organization for Standards (ISO) 17025), proving it is 99.8 per cent effective against the coronavirus. Performance and efficiency are sustainable over the lifetime of the filter, as per ISO 18184 version 2019.