Auxiliary converters at a glance
- Dedicated Centre of Excellence for auxiliary converters
- Worldwide footprint close to customers
- A wide range of solutions supported by innovation and R&D programs
- Efficiency, reliability and low total cost of ownership
Alstom’s range of safe, reliable and cost-effective auxiliary converters is suitable for use on all rolling stock, from LRVs, metros, regional, high-speed and very-high-speed trains to locomotives.
Adapted to all uses
Alstom auxiliary converters are available for all types of power supply and are used in electrified urban and mainline networks. They can operate in a wide range of climates and environments, with a range of cooling systems: forced air, naturally cooled and water-cooled. They can be roof-mounted, underframe-mounted or interior-mounted, depending on the requirements of the application.
Innovation and performance
Alstom leverages its extensive innovation capabilities and research and development programmes to design and develop systems featuring the latest semiconductor technologies. Operators benefit from Alstom’s long-standing experience, simulation tools and validation procedures, which bring high efficiency and low operating costs. Alstom’s lightweight converters offer high recyclability, thus enhancing their eco-friendly credentials.
Close to market
Alstom has the capability to produce and maintain traction and auxiliary converters in 13 manufacturing sites around the world – close to its customers.
Low life cycle cost
- Additional train functions (integrated battery charger, integrated emergency inverter)
- Optimised designs for maintenance
- Alstom reduces energy consumption by using medium frequency IGBT and SiC semi-conductor technology and natural cooling
Fill in the contact form below and your request will be sent to our dedicated team