Alstom T&D India Limited today reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and for year ended 31st March, 2013.
For the fourth quarter (1st January-31 March 2013)
- Orders booked during the quarter Rs. 675 cr; backlog at a robust level of Rs. 6,200 cr
- Sales revenue increased by 53% over the preceding quarter
- Operating profit increased to Rs. 92 cr (8.4%), from Rs. 33 cr (4.6%) in the preceding quarter
For year ended 31st March, 2013
- Highest ever order intake of Rs. 4,700 cr achieved despite prevailing tough market conditions in Power and T & D Sectors
- Alstom Grid made a comeback in HVDC (800 kV/3,000 MW) by winning a turnkey contract worth Rs. 2,600 cr (ATDIL part Rs. 1,100 cr) from Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.
- Maintained leadership in 765 kV segment, the emerging Grid backbone voltage for the 12th plan, with 29 out of India’s 50 substations at 765 kV being installed with Alstom technology.
- Won the prestigious ‘Delhi Grid Islanding’ project (to isolate and protect power supply in case of grid failure) from Delhi Transco Limited in association with the Ministry of Power and Power Grid Corporation of India Limited.
- A record number of 88 substations, ranging from 66 kV to 765 kV, were delivered and commissioned during the fiscal year 2012/13 making a strong contribution in building India’s Electrical Grid network for Power Grid, State Utilities & private sectors.
The Board of Directors of Alstom T&D India Limited met on 29th April, 2013 in New Delhi to approve the annual results of the company. The company performed well in a challenging market by delivering strong operational performance across design, engineering, manufacturing, installation and commissioning for customers in utility, power generation, industry and infrastructure segments. The company maintained its market leadership position for the fifth consecutive year. A dividend of Rs. 1.80 (90%) per share has been recommended for the financial year.
Rathin Basu, Managing Director of Alstom T&D India, said: “The market continues to be challenging due to issues such as SEB financing, fuel supply for power generation, land availability for sub-stations and slowdown of capex. We have performed soundly on all major KPIs. As we enter fiscal 2013/14, strong backlog of Rs. 6,200 cr will help us to mitigate challenges of the prevailing business environment.”
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 92,000 people in around 100 countries. It had sales of €20 billion and booked close to €22 billion in orders in 2011/12.
Alstom T&D India (globally known as Alstom Grid), is a market leader in the Indian power transmission sector. It has over 100 years of expertise in building the transmission infrastructure for the country. Alstom has a strong portfolio of products, solutions and services, comprising the entire range of transmission equipment up to Extra and Ultra High Voltages (765 kV and beyond) including air-insulated switchgear (AIS) and locally manufactured power transformers and gas-insulated switchgear (GIS). It also provides power electronics solutions (HVDC, FACTS) to create super highways and offers highly advanced power management Smart Grid solutions for transmission and distribution including renewable energies integration. With over 3,500 employees and eight world class manufacturing units, Alstom T&D India is future ready to support the rapidly evolving transmission sector in India
Vandana Dhir (Alstom India) : email@example.com / +91- 8826177566
Website www.alstom.com - www.alstom.com/grid