Update: Thursday, January 30th
Another successful week at DTech is coming to a close in San Antonio!
They say everything is bigger in Texas and this conference was no exception. Throughout the week Alstom experts met with customers, preformed product demonstrations, gave technical sessions, and engaged in interviews with key industry media publications including Energy Central, Electric Light & Power, Utility Horizons, and T&D World.
Alstom's Network Management Solutions (NMS) team celebrated the successful go-live of the first Integrated Distribution Management System (IDMS) installed in Europe for Stedin in the Netherlands. The company's substation automation group showcased their expanded product offering through the Reason acquisition and the power electronics team demonstrated the latest MaxSine battery storage solution.
Update: Wednesday, January 29th
Alstom kicked-off day 2 of DistribuTech 2014 with a webinar on the company’s Integrated Distribution Management Solutions (IDMS). The segment featured customer highlights from PPL Electric Utilities, Duke Energy, and Stedin, where Alstom’s IDMS technology has been fully implemented. During the webinar, broadcasted live by Electric Light & Power (ELP), customers had the opportunity to share the business drivers for selecting Alstom’s IDMS, lessons learned while deploying the system, and the benefits of they have enjoyed since installation. The IDMS technology received positive feedback from the customers and was even cited as being “the foundation of smart grid”.
Yesterday, Alstom joined PPL Electric Utilities and other key partners for video interviews with ELP’s Jennifer Van Burkleo. The interviews highlighted Alstom’s work on innovative smart grid projects and outage management technologies that are tailored to help operators maintain reliability and improve the overall operation of the grid.
Live Update: Tuesday, January 27th
Alstom demonstrates its digital substation offering for the North American market
Earlier this month, Alstom announced it has broadened its substation automation offering with the acquisition of Reason Tecnologia S.A., a Brazilian based provider of measurement and substation automation networking products for transmission and distribution (T&D) customers. This week, Alstom will showcase this new capacity for the first time to North American customers and key industry partners at DistribuTECH 2014.
“This new partnership strengthens Alstom’s substation automation offering and creates exciting new opportunities for both companies”, said Herve Amossé, Head of Alstom Grid’s Substation Automation business. “It enables us to provide our customers with an innovative, market-leading digital substation offering while strengthening our technical and engineering capabilities.”
The acquisition not only reinforces Alstom Grid’s leadership globally but also in North America, through Reason’s offices in Austin, Texas. It follows the Company’s acquisition of Canadian Smart Grid expert, ASAT Solutions in 2012.
To find out more about Reason Tecnologia S.A. and Alstom’s digital substation offering, please visit Alstom’s booth #1818 at DistribuTECH 2014.
Link to Press Release.
Smart solutions for a brighter energy future……
Alstom Grid is gearing up for DistribuTECH 2014 in San Antonio, Texas from January 28th-30th. The utility industry’s largest annual gathering will showcase the latest innovations in energy transmission & distribution technology from smart grid to power delivery equipment. In 2013, over 10,000 participants and more than 400 companies from 53 countries were represented at the show and this year is expected to draw an even larger crowd.
Throughout the conference Alstom Grid will demonstrate its next generation energy solutions including Smart Control Room Technology with the company’s extensive Network Management Solutions (NMS) portfolio featuring its successful Integrated Distribution Management System (IDMS), and the latest advancements in Digital Substations. In addition, Alstom will also be introducing its Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) technology.
Alstom’s technology experts will be on site throughout the week participating in high level discussions and presentations including:
Tuesday, 28 Jan
- 1:00 p.m. – Distribution Feeder Performance Analysis Utilizing Distribution Management Systems Fault Location Data at Florida Light & Power
- 1:00 p.m. – Enhancing PPL Electric Utilities Grid Operations and Reliability Using an Integrated Distribution Management System
- 3:00 p.m. – How a Distribution Operations Simulator May be Used to Perform Pre-deployment Distribution Automation Capabilities
Wednesday, 29 Jan
- 9:30 a.m. – Live Webcast: “Real-world Business Drivers and Benefits of an Alstom Integrated DMS” Executives from PPL Electric Utilities, Duke Energy, and Dutch Utility STEDIN will share secrets of their successful Alstom Integrated Distribution Management Systems (IDMS) deployments. Click here to register.
- 9:30 a.m. – Smart Grid Demand Response Communications: The Urgent Need for International Standards
- 9:30 a.m. – Mitigating Cold Load Pickup Problems With Distributed Energy Resources
- 9:30 a.m. – Version Control and Patch Management of Protection and Automation Systems
Thursday, 30 Jan
- 8:30 a.m. – Evolution of Asset Management: The Case for Conditioned Based Maintenance
- 8:30 a.m. - DER Integration and Volt/VAR Optimization
- 10:30 a.m. – Geographical Operations are Facilitated by Geographic Presentations
To arrange a private demo or meeting with one of our experts click here.
Come visit our booth #1818, and check back soon for live updates from the show!