A wide range of motors tailored to meet every need
Thanks to its extensive catalogue of motors covering all rolling stock types, Alstom provides its customers with optimised solutions adapted to their integration and operating constraints:
- Asynchronous or synchronous (Permanent magnet motor)
- Open or closed
- Self-ventilated or forced-ventilated or water-cooled
- Winterised or tropicalised if needed
Alstom optimises motor integration in the bogie and the traction chain while adapting them to non-Alstom material.
Each year, about 6,000 motors are manufactured and increase Alstom’s proven motor fleet successfully operated worldwide.
Leader in permanent magnet motor technology
Combining the widest spectrum of applications for permanent magnet motors (PMM) with the return on experience of more than 3,000 PMMs in service, Alstom is today the unrivalled leader of PMM technology in railway applications.
The PMM’s main specificities are:
- Improved motor efficiency by up to 3% vs asynchronous enabling substantial energy savings
- High power density enabling for instance innovative architectures thanks to reduced motorisation rate
Permanent magnet motors are key to the successes of a wide range of Alstom trains fro tramway applications to very high speed ones.