¾ view of the locomotive Prima II, Belfort, France. Alstom Transport/ TOMA – C.Sasso
Click thumbnail to see a larger image
Moving mountains and crossing borders
The world of rail transport is in continuous evolution. Operator requirements are becoming more exacting for both passenger and freight transport: reliability, availability, competitiveness and comfort are fundamental requirements.
The Alstom Solution
Alstom has developed a new generation of Prima locomotives for freight (maximum speed 140km/h) and for passenger (maximum speed 200km/h) transport which meet these demands. The Prima II platform guarantees both unequalled performance and a wide choice of configurations.
Prima II, guaranteeing performance, availability and safety
- With its Onix traction chain, the Prima II can tow up to 20,000 tons in multiple units. Each axle can individually guarantee 75% of the locomotive’s performance,
- Maintenance of the Prima II throughout its lifecycle is facilitated by an architecture that provides easier access to key parts and by the TrainTracer preventive maintenance module. The Prima II therefore guarantees one of the best availability rates on the market,
- The driving cabin is protected by an anti-crash module designed to offer optimum protection for the driver thanks to an efficient and proven safety system.
Prima II, guaranteeing true flexibility
- Customisation of the locomotive is possible until the final phase of the production process,
- The configuration of the locomotive can be changed at any point of its life cycle (transforming a freight locomotive into a passenger locomotive by replacing the bogies, changing the interoperability system, adding comfort options for the driver: air conditioning, toilets, bed, refrigerator…).
For further information - Step onboard the Prima II!
Video - Prima II presentation