Alstom highlighted clean power offer at Coal-Gen Europe 2011
February 15-17, Alstom experts in coal power plant technology will meet industry colleagues in Prague at COAL-GEN EUROPE 2011. The conference theme is Realizing Coals Clean Energy Capabilities the perfect foundation for discussion of Alstoms extensive Clean Power product and service offerings for high efficiency, low emissions, and reliable operation of fossil steam plants.
Alstom will participate in a number of conference sessions:
- During the Feb 15 Plenary Session, titled New Build: Design & Operational Experience, Hugh Kennedy, Marketing Director for Steam, will present the state of the art for steam power RDK8, a 918MW (gross), advanced Ultra-supercritical (USC) plant in Karlsruhe, Germany for which Alstom supplied the power block. Alstoms highly efficient USC design cuts CO2 and conventional emissions and brings down fuel costs.
- Alstoms full portfolio of CO2 capture technologies will be presented, including Post Combustion and Oxy Combustion solutions:
- Optimal and Robust Pilot Plant Operations of an Advanced Amine Process for CO2 Capture from Coal-fired Boiler Flue Gas by Dr. Naresh Handagama, Technology Manager
- Clean Power by Implementing Post Combustion Capture Technology by Vauhini Telikapalli, Product Director
- Oxy Combustion Technology Development by Patrick Moenckert, Project Manager
- In addition, the recently announced Romanian CCS Demo Project, for which Alstom is engaged to perform a feasibility study using its proprietary Chilled Ammonia Capture process, will be discussed by Claudia Eudora Tomescu, Head of Climate Change Department, Institute for Studies and Power Engineering (ISPE), Romania
- Clean Power Solutions for the installed base will be the focus of case study presentation on Alstoms retrofit of a Polish coal plant, Integrated Project at Belchatow Unit 6 by Tallat Azad, Director, Integrated Retrofits. The integrated modernization of boilers, steam turbines and auxiliary equipment at Belchatow will provide multiple benefits in output, efficiency, emissions and reliability. The retrofit gives this older unit a new lease on life as a cleaner and lower cost generator.
COAL-GEN EUROPE will also see the inauguration of Alstoms Cyber Café, establishing a platform for discussion, digital interaction, and a good cup of coffee for conference attendees.
Alstoms commitment to providing a range of solutions to address the climate change challenge, is a long-standing one.