Skip to main content

Alstom Spain maintains sales at around 900 million

Main Press Contacts (Alstom Headquarters)

Christopher English

Send an email

Tel: + 33 1 57 06 36 90

Samuel Miller

Send an email

Tel: + 33 1 57 06 67 74

Visit our media section and follow the "Press contacts" link to find local press contacts at country level

Alstom Spain maintains sales at around 900 million

Alstom Spain has published its financial results for the last fiscal year, 2011/12, which ended on 31 March 2012. Revenues from the Group in Spain were around 899 million euros, slightly lower than the figures for the company from the previous year (-1%).

These positive results can be explained, on the one hand, by the efforts we have made in terms of flexibility, profitability and adapting to the new challenges and, on the other hand, because of our ability to export from our facilities in Spain" Pedro Solé, Alstom Spain President, highlighted.

In fact, sales abroad currently make up more than 60% of Alstom Spain's income, whilst last year the figure totalled around 30%. In the case of industrial centres, exports rose to 90% (trains and railway rolling stock), 88% (wind turbines) and 76% (material for hydroelectric plants).).

"It is necessary to continue focussing on foreign markets, but also trying to make the domestic market more dynamic in order to maintain the correct balance and increase the level of orders at our manufacturing plants", Pedro Solé added.

On 31 March, Alstom Spain employed 3,875 staff spread across 30 working sites. The company has 6 factories in Spain dedicated to the manufacturing of trains (Barcelona), wind turbines (Vizcaya), grids (Madrid), as well as towers, components and generators for wind energy (Zamora, A Coruña and Navarra). Alstom Spain additionally has 7 R&D centres which are an international point of reference for the entire Group. In terms of industry, sales and research, all of the sectors of the Group are represented in Spain: railway transport, thermal energy, renewable energy and power grids.

About Alstom
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 92,000 people in around 100 countries. It had sales of 20 billion and booked close to 22 billion in orders in 2011/12.