Alstom T&D India Limited announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014/15 results
Alstom T&D India Limited reported on 30th April, 2015 its financial results for the fourth quarter and for the year ended 31st March, 2015.
For the fourth quarter (1st January - 31 March 2015)
Sales revenue increased to 13,613 MINR, up 4.1% over the previous year, and up 78.4% over the preceding quarter.
Operating profit at 898 MINR (6.6%), against 1,094 MINR (8.4%) in the previous year and 210 MINR (2.8%) in the preceding quarter.
For the year ended 31st March, 2015
- Order intake of 51,592 MINR (including HVDC) during the year increased 36.1%
- Sales revenue increased by 5.3% to 37,031 MINR over the previous year
- PAT increased by 3.0% to 1,206 MINR (3.3%) from 1,170 MINR (3.3%) in the previous year
- Won the order to build the Champa-Kurukshetra 800kV/3000 MW UHVDC Phase II from Power Grid
- Frontrunner in carrying forward the ‘Make in India’ theme by achieving the following milestones:
- Flagged off the first Make in India 800kV HVDC Transformer from the Vadodara unit
- Manufacturing of the 200th 765kV Transformer/Reactor from the Vadodara unit since inception in 2009
- Commissioned world’s first of its kind National Transmission Asset Management Centre at Manesar for Power Grid
- Won the National Control Centre Order in Sri Lanka
- Won the second smart grid pilot project order in India from Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Limited
- A solid number of 62 substations, ranging from 66 kV to 765 kV (new, extension and renovation), were delivered and commissioned, during the fiscal year 2014/15 making a strong contribution in building the transmission backbone of the country
- Successfully commissioned more than 740 bays of new and retrofit Automation Substation Systems, from 66 kV to 765kV, during the fiscal year 2014/15
- Since inception delivered over 350 bays of GIS made in Padappai, a first in India.
Alstom T&D India Limited’s Board of Directors met on 30th April, 2015 in Noida to approve the annual results of the company. The Company has displayed exemplary performance in all aspects across design, engineering, manufacturing, installation and commissioning for customers in utility, power generation, industry and infrastructure segments. A dividend of INR 1.80 (90%) per share has been recommended for the financial year.
Rathin Basu, Managing Director of Alstom T&D India, said, “Though the new government has ushered in positive sentiments in the industry, the market continues to be challenging. Investment cycle in Power generation & Industry is yet to pick up. However, Alstom T&D India had significant successes this year with the Phase 2 Champa–Kurukshetra order from Power Grid, large share of high technology orders in HV, EHV and Smart Grids domain. Our expertise & exemplary performance in manufacturing, installation and commissioning have been reflected by our customer’s confidence in our localized products and solutions. We continue to maintain the leadership position for seven consecutive years.”
Alstom is a global leader in the world of power generation, power transmission and rail infrastructure and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides turnkey integrated power plant solutions and associated services for a wide variety of energy sources, including hydro, nuclear, gas, coal and wind, and it offers a wide range of solutions for power transmission, with a focus on smart grids. The Group employs 93,000 people in around 100 countries. It had sales of over €20 billion and booked €21.5 billion in orders in 2013/14.
Alstom T&D India (globally known as Alstom Grid), is a market leader in the Indian power transmission sector. It has over 100 years of expertise in building the transmission infrastructure for the country. Alstom has a strong portfolio of products, solutions and services, comprising the entire range of transmission equipment up to Extra and Ultra High Voltages (765 kV and beyond) including air-insulated switchgear (AIS) and locally manufactured power transformers and gas-insulated switchgear (GIS). It also provides power electronics solutions (HVDC, FACTS) to create super highways and offers highly advanced power management Smart Grid solutions for transmission and distribution including renewable energies integration. With around 3,500 employees and eight world class manufacturing units, Alstom T&D India is future ready to support the rapidly evolving transmission sector in India.
Sapna Lalwani (Alstom T&D India)
Tel: +91 911204731676;