Alstom Alliance: developing long-term partnerships with suppliers
In order to provide our customers with high quality, cost-efficient solutions in the competitive railway market, we aim to work with our strategic partners in development and delivery from the earliest design phase through to execution in the market.
Together, our innovation yields greater results. The core of Alstom AllianceTM is to establish long-term, win-win partnerships with valued suppliers.
Alstom has established a Committee to evaluate and approve Alstom AllianceTM suppliers nominations. Composed of the top line Alstom Management and chaired by our Chief Purchasing Officer, the committee regularly assess the program’s performance.
The committee is also responsible for appointing a dedicated Executive Sponsor for each approved supplier.
Alstom AllianceTM suppliers are asked to:
- provide quality, excellence, and world-class delivery rates
- meet industry standards and Alstom Supplier Quality assessments
- be robust and innovative in engineering and design capability
- invest in research and development in alignment with Alstom's own product and development strategies
- meet our sustainability mission by being an ambassador for eco-friendly solutions and ethical behaviour.
In return, Alstom offers:
- Guidance, increased capability and growth
- Efficient support for mutual continuous progress through our industry experience
- Higher potential volume for suppliers by enhancing opportunities in new tenders
- Shared competitiveness through mutually beneficial technological breakthroughs
- A substantially increased share of Alstom's purchases
How to be part of the Alstom AllianceTM?
We welcome applications from suppliers who consistently demonstrate best-in-class provision of goods and services that allow us to deliver the very best transport solutions to our customers.
In order to benefit from this strategic alliance, you will need to already belong to the Alstom Supplier panel (you can apply to join on this site).
To enter the Alstom AllianceTM qualification process, please contact your dedicated Commodity Manager and find out if you are eligible to join our strategic program.